Wednesday, August 13, 2008

CC and the RNC

While I'm truly crushed that I'll be missing the Republican convention (sarcasm is so much harder in writing), it is good to know that there are plenty of sane people who will be in town simply continuing to do what is right.

http://minnesota.publicradio.org/display/web/2008/08/13/dorothy_day/

This isn't directly related to my being in Central America, aside from the fact that the program is the reason I will be gone. I am reminded of something a friend of ours said after a recent trip to China: Why is it that everywhere else in the world, Christians are known as the people willing to assist everyone in need without expectation of reward? Why not here?

Hopefully non-confrontational-confrontations like this (between convention attendees and CC/the Cities' homeless) can nudge along the change that can make that international reality one for the States as well.

No comments: